Engaging in talking therapies through 'Blue Harbour' offers you a safe, accepting, confidential space in which to bring whatever you need to speak about......
Being 'heard' can help clarify issues that may be causing confusion and help you come to a deeper understanding of yourself and what matters.
Talking therapy aims to support you as you begin to come to terms with the unchangeable and to make decisions about things you can (and want) to change, then begin to put them into practice.
The quality of the relationship you and your therapist create together (known as the therapeutic alliance) plays an important part in any change.
Your first meeting together gives you a sense of how you would feel working with your therapist.
This initial consultation allows you to meet face to face and talk about your therapy needs.
Talking therapy is a collaborative process.
If you decide to begin sessions through Blue Harbour. regular appointment times can be arranged.
Talking therapy sessions can take place on a weekly basis at Blue Harbour Wellness Clinic in Shanklin on the Isle of Wight, they may be for a fixed number of sessions or open-ended.
We also offer the ever popular "Walk & Talk"
You Are Not Alone:
There are points in our lives when we all have personal pain, difficulties or challenging life situations.
At these times, it can feel as though we are in a lonely and desperate place.
Whilst we are immersed in our worries, it can be impossible to see that not only do we have our own power to overcome our problems, we can actually also learn and grow from these experiences.
Problems vary in intensity and impact but if they are preventing you from being the ‘real you’ and leading the life that you wish to lead, then you are being held back.
These may be problems that suddenly appear as a life crisis, or may be problems that you have been aware of for some time.
Our clients come from all walks of life and although there are common themes in terms of their problems, each client’s story is completely unique.
These are some examples of some more frequent problems that I deal with using talking therapy:
- Debilitating anxiety or stress - sometimes from seemingly an unknown cause
- A sudden trauma or crisis that throws us off centre
- Being prone to negative thinking patterns
- Bereavement or loss of a loved one, situation or a relationship
- Dysfunctional family relationships or friendships
- Life blocking fears, panic attacks or phobias
- A feeling of being ‘stuck’, blocked or trapped in life without knowing why or how to move forward.
- Lack of confidence or self-esteem that hold us back from achieving our dreams.
- Feeling confused by a number of life choices and unable to make a clear decision.
- Confusion over sexuality / Coping with sexuality
- A need for personal or spiritual development to try and understand yourself or give life meaning
- Emotional pain from the present or the past that needs healing.
- The desire to give up bad habits or patterns of behaviour
- A need to understand anger and frustration from a known or unknown cause.
- Low mood, mild to moderate depression and a general feeling of unhappiness.
- And so on...
No matter how big or small your problems may be, you are not alone; there are others who feel or have felt as you do and with the right support and guidance you CAN work to overcome your difficulties, transform your situation and better enrich your life.